অ্যাকসেসিবিলিটি লিংক

Gunmen Kill 2 Sunni Party Activists in Pakistan

  • VOA News

Police in the southern Pakistani city of Karachi say unknown attackers have killed two members of the local Sunni Tehrik party.

Police say the victims were riding on a motorcycle late Wednesday when they were ambushed. No one has claimed responsibility for the killings, but police are investigating whether they are linked to the political rivalry between the Tehrik party and a powerful ethnic political party known as the Muttahida Qaumi Movement.

The party is a member of the coalition government that rules the southern Sindh province of which Karachi is the capital.

Sunni Muslims make up about 80 percent of Pakistan's population, while Shi'ite Muslims and other religious communities share the remaining 20 percent.

XS
SM
MD
LG