Pakistani police say fire in a tent where earthquake survivors were sleeping has killed seven members of a family in a village in North West Frontier Province.
Police say the cause of the Tuesday night blaze is believed to have been a candle or an electrical short circuit. Four of the victims were dead when police arrived and three died in a field hospital.
The October earthquake left some three million people out in the open. Now hundreds of thousands are living in flimsy tents either next to their ruined homes or along main roads.
Meanwhile, police in the central city of Lahore have arrested a doctor who allegedly raped a young woman who was injured in the quake and was being treated by him at a hospital.