<!-- IMAGE -->
An Indian court has convicted a Pakistani national, the lone surviving gunman in the 2008 terror attacks in Mumbai that killed 166 people.
Mohammed Ajmal Kasab sat impassively Monday as a special court in Mumbai found him guilty on nearly all of the 86 charges against him, including murder and waging war against India.
The court also acquitted two Indians who were accused of helping to plot the attacks.
During the three-day siege in November 2008, Kasab was one of 10 heavily armed men who stormed multiple locations in Mumbai, including two hotels, a Jewish center and a popular restaurant.
Indian authorities accused the Pakistan-based militant group Lashkar-e-Taiba of orchestrating the attacks.
Indian Home Minister P. Chidambaram said Monday's verdict is a message to Pakistan that it should not export terror to India.
Kasab is expected to be sentenced Tuesday, and could face the death penalty.
Pakistan has said that Kasab is a Pakistani citizen and that the attacks were partly planned on its soil.
The two Indians acquitted Monday, Fahim Ansari and Sabaauddin Ahmed, were on trial for conducting reconnaissance before the attacks. The court cited a lack of evidence in their cases, but the prosecution is likely to appeal the verdict.
India has charged 38 people in connection with the attacks, but most of them live in Pakistan.
Pakistan has arrested and charged seven suspects in connection with the siege on Mumbai.
The attacks strained ties between longtime rivals India and Pakistan, whose leaders last week agreed to take steps to normalize relations during talks in Bhutan.