Six NATO soldiers have been killed by an explosion in southern Afghanistan.
A NATO statement said one multinational soldier was also injured in the blast. It is not clear if the soldiers' vehicle ran over a mine or if the troops were killed by a roadside bomb.
Earlier today, NATO officials said a separate bomb blast in southern Afghanistan killed one NATO soldier and wounded two others. It did not identify the nationality of the soldiers.
In other news, a purported Taleban spokesman says the group has killed an Afghan translator who had been kidnapped along with an Italian journalist.
The spokesman Shahbuddin Atil says the Taleban beheaded Ajmal Naqshbandi on Sunday in Helmand Province because the Afghan government refused to negotiate the release of two Taleban prisoners. The death has not been independently verified.
On Friday, Afghan President Hamid Karzai said there will be no more prisoner swaps with the Taleban.
Taleban militants seized Naqshbandi and Italian journalist Daniele Mastrogiacomo of "La Repubblica" newspaper in early March and later beheaded their driver. The Italian was freed March 19 in exchange for five Taleban prisoners.
The U.N.'s special representative to Afghanistan has condemned today's reported killing.
The Taleban claims to have abducted two French aid workers and three Afghan co-workers who disappeared last week, but it has not issued demands yet.
Sunday's attack on NATO forces in southern Afghanistan is the deadliest incident for multinational troops in months. Canadian and British troops make up the bulk of NATO forces in the south.