NATO officials in Afghanistan say four coalition soldiers have been wounded in a bomb blast targeting a military convoy in the eastern part of the country.
NATO's International Security Assistance force says the attack took place today in Jalalabad, the capital of Nangarhar province.
Afghan officials said it was a suicide bomb attack, and the provincial governer said at least one "foreign" soldier was killed.
On Friday, Afghan security forces re-captured a remote town in central Afghanistan, after Taliban militants seized it hours earlier.
Officials say Afghan forces encountered no resistance as they re-took control of the town today (Friday) in Rashidan district in Ghazni province.
They say the fate of a local government leader and at least eight police officers captured in the Taliban's seizure of the town late Thursday is unclear.
US officials are concerned that some of the violence in Afghanistan is the result of Pakistan's failure to crack down on militants along the border.
Pakistan's government has been pursuing peace talks with pro-Taliban and al-Qaida-linked militants, and reached a deal with militants in the northwestern Swat Valley earlier this month.
US Defense Secretary Robert Gates said Friday the new Pakistani government needs more time to effectively deal with the militants.
He said until Pakistan's new civilian leaders "get their feet on the ground" they would not have a full appreciation for the threat posed by the militants.